|static KMoreToolsService *||registerServiceByDesktopEntryName (KMoreTools *kmt, const QString &desktopEntryName)|
|static QList< KMoreToolsService * >||registerServicesByGroupingNames (KMoreTools *kmt, const QStringList &groupingNames)|
Provides static methods to make use of desktop files provided by KMoreTools.
registerServiceByDesktopEntryName creates a KMoreToolsService instance from a given desktopEntryName.
registerServicesByGroupingNames takes a list of a set of predefined grouping names and returns a list KMoreToolsService instances. Remember, a KMoreToolsService represents a service which might or might not be installed on the current machine.
The groupings defined here are used for the KMoreToolsMenuFactory.
(todo later: Probably it would make sense to move the methods of this class to KMoreToolsMenuFactory because grouping names and special handling are too much coupled anyway.)
Member Function Documentation
Registers a service who's kmt-desktopfile is provided by the KMoreTools library itself (see directory kmoretools-desktopfiles).
If the kmt-desktopfile is missing the service is still created but with no translations and icon if the service is not installed.
Associates a homepage URL because a regular .desktop file has got no field for this information.
Adds some corrections to faulty upstream .desktop files. Corrected desktop filenames end with .kmt-edition.desktop.
todo: how to avoid the "Do you trust this program?" question when a non-installed kmt-edition desktopfile is used but the program is installed? Possible solution: install all .kmt-edition files to proper desktop file location.
- the added KMoreToolsService
- an ordered list of KMoreToolsService instances. The most popular or recommended tools will be listed first.
Available grouping names (listed in alphabetical order):
- "disk-usage" Disk usage tools as currently used in dolphin. Some take 1 URL argument pointing to a directory.
- "disk-partitions" Disk partition tools as currently used in dolphin.
- "files-find" Tools to find files on disk. You can specify 1 URL argument that points to the directory where the search should be started.
- "font-tools" (since 5.37.0) Tools to manage and analyze fonts.
- "git-clients-for-folder" Collection of git clients which all take 1 URL argument pointing to a directory within a git repository. It may not be the git repo's root dir. e.g. "file:///home/user1/dev/kf5/src/frameworks/knewstuff/data/"
- "git-clients-and-actions" Git clients and actions (e.g. View History for a specific file) to be used in a file tree context menu (e.g. in kate's project plugin). 1 URL argument can be provided that points to a directory or a file within a git repository. e.g. "file:///home/user1/dev/knewstuff/data/" e.g. "file:///home/user1/dev/knewstuff/data/CMakeLists.txt"
- "icon-browser" Browse for icons on your system (e.g. those under /usr/share/icons).
- "language-dictionary" (since 5.37.0) Language dictionaries for translation
- "mouse-tools" (since 5.37.0) Tools related to the mouse pointer device.
- "screenrecorder" (since 5.37.0) Record screen contents to a video file (including animated gif).
- "screenshot-take" Tools for taking and maybe also editing screenshots.
- "system-monitor-processes" Tools to monitor the running processes on the system.
- "system-monitor-logs" Tools to view system logs.
- "time-countdown" Tools for counting down the time and maybe trigger custom a action.
For URL arguments see also QUrl::fromLocalFile.
Services which are present in more than one grouping are only added once to the resulting list.
The documentation for this class was generated from the following files: