Provides access to all contacts and aggregates them by person.
KPeople offers unified access to our contacts from different sources, grouping them by person while still exposing all the data.
Furthermore, KPeople will also provide facilities to integrate the data provided in user interfaces by providing QML and Qt Widgets components.
The sources are plugin-based, allowing to easily extend the contacts collection.
To use KPeople, you'll want to look for it using
Or its qmake counterpart. Then you'll have available 3 different libraries to depend on:
- KPeople which is the most basic one and will mainly provide PersonsModel and PersonData. You will use them respectively in case you need information about the full set of contacts on your system or just the one.
- KPeopleWidgets will be required in case we want to integrate it into your QtWidgets-based application. We will mainly find the PersonDetailsView and the MergeDialog.
- KPeopleBackend is the library used to make it possible to create backends for KPeople. You should only use it in case you are providing support for a new backend type.
- KPeopleBackend ABI interfaces are not yet stable.
- Also KPeople also bundles a qml import module that can be pulled using:
This will allow access to the KPeople data from QML code-bases.
KPeople provides Qt models for accessing different person related data. KPeople::PersonsModel lists all available contacts. Actions for each contact can be accessed by providing KPeople::PersonActions with a KPeople::PersonsModel::personUri.
KPeople::PersonsModel and KPeople::PersonData also provide raw access to the VCard of a contact.
VCard is a standard that is supported on many platforms and supports storing all kind of information about a person, including instant messenger contacts, phone number, names etc. It can be processed using a KContacts::VCardConverter.
To make changes to a contact, its vcard can be edited by setting the custom property vcard of KPeople::PersonData to the new raw vcard data. New vcard data can be created using the KPeople::Addressee class, from which the KPeople::VCardConverter can create a vcard.
Adding / Removing
KPeople::PersonPluginManager provides static functions for adding and removing contacts.
KPeople::PersonPluginManager::addContact() can be fed with a QVariantMap, which has to contain the key “vcard” with vcard data.
KPeople::PersonPluginManager::deleteContact() deletes the contact with the specified uri.
Documentation copyright © 1996-2023 The KDE developers.
Generated on Thu Mar 30 2023 04:02:26 by doxygen 1.8.17 written by Dimitri van Heesch, © 1997-2006
KDE's Doxygen guidelines are available online.