Represents the caching policy for a collection.
There is one cache policy per collection. It can either specify that all properties of the policy of the parent collection will be inherited (the default) or specify the following values:
- The item parts that should be permanently kept locally and are downloaded during a collection sync (e.g. full mail vs. just the headers).
- A minimum time for which non-permanently cached item parts have to be kept (0 - infinity).
- Whether or not a collection sync is triggered on demand, i.e. as soon as it is accessed by a client.
- An optional time interval for regular collection sync (aka interval mail check).
Syncing means fetching updates from the Akonadi database. The cache policy does not affect updates of the Akonadi database from the backend, since backend updates will normally immediately trigger the resource to update the Akonadi database.
The cache policy applies only to reading from the collection. Writing to the collection is independent of cache policy - all updates are written to the backend as soon as the resource can schedule this.
Do we also need a size limit for the cache as well?
on a POP3 account, is should not be possible to change locally cached parts, find a solution for that
- Volker Krause vkrau[email protected][email protected][email protected]de.or[email protected]g
Definition at line 72 of file cachepolicy.h.